To assure that our donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the CHEO Foundation and the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario, we declare that all donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the CHEO Foundation’s mission, of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of the CHEO Foundation’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to The CHEO Foundation’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of The CHEO Foundation, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
- American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC)
- Association of Health Care Philanthropy (AHP)
- Council for Advancements and Support of Education (CASE)
- National Society of Fund Raising Executives (NSFRE)